[syslog-ng] Dumping syslog-ng log files to mysql db

Anup Shetty anupdshetty at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 15:12:54 CET 2012

Hello,

With recent addition of MYSQL DB to my logging infrastructure, would I be
able to dump my previous logs collected from the by syslog-ng on the
database?

If I configure the source to be the local log file that has logs collected
from devices over the network and the destination to be the DB, would I be
loosing the source IP address when I log these to the DB and instead get
the source of the message to be localhost or 127.0.0.1 instead of the
original source?

--
Thanks and regards,
Anup