[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.3.6 Hangs on Solaris 8 sparc

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Fri Dec 21 15:42:46 CET 2012

Rakesh Rajasekharan <rakesh.rajasekharan at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I have compiled the syslog-ng version 3.3.6 on a Solaris Sparc machine .
> The compilation went through fine but when I try to run syslog-ng .. though
> the daemon gets running somehow the unix prompt is not returned..
> and it hangs...

Is there another syslogd running, perhaps? That can easily lock up
syslog-ng. If not, then I'd like to ask you to try syslog-ng 3.3.7, as a
few Solaris-related fixes went into that version, which might fix the
problem you're experiencing.

If not, then running truss on the process, and/or the output of
syslog-ng -Fvde would be useful to see.