[syslog-ng] Securing syslog-ng

Martin Holste mcholste at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 19:19:06 CEST 2011

Either use Syslog-NG Premium Edition with SSL transport or setup
OpenVPN (or any other VPN) for the transport.  It is a very bad idea
to let anyone write logs to your system from the Internet.  At the
absolute minimum, use a firewall or iptables to only allow known-hosts
to send logs.  That's still poor protection if you're allowing UDP, as
UDP can be spoofed.