[syslog-ng] Solaris 10 UDP overflows, message drops

sramesh.kumar at wipro.com sramesh.kumar at wipro.com
Wed Apr 27 09:10:21 CEST 2011

Hi All,

Can any body help me. Please?????
I hve configured syslog-ng in X86 server. Bellow is the configuration.
But Logs are not coming under /syslog-ng folder.....if I am wrong in
bellow configuration, can you Please Provide step by step configuration
Procedure to configure the same...

# cat /etc/syslog-ng/syslog-ng.conf
options {
sync (0);
time_reopen (10);
log_fifo_size (1000);
long_hostnames (off);
use_dns (no);
use_fqdn (no);
create_dirs (yes);
keep_hostname (yes);
};
source s_sys {
file ("/proc/kmsg" log_prefix("kernel: "));
sun-stream ("/dev/log");
internal();
};

# External Source
source s_ext

{
# Standard Syslog
udp(); # All interfaces
tcp(); # All interfaces on tcp port
sun-stream("/dev/log");
};
destination d_cons { file("/dev/console"); };
destination d_mesg { file("/var/adm/messages"); };
destination d_mail { file("/var/log/syslog"); };
destination d_auth { file("/var/log/authlog"); };
destination d_mlop { usertty("operator"); };
destination d_mlrt { usertty("root"); };
destination d_mlal { usertty("*"); };
destination d_ext
{
file("/syslog-ng/$HOST/$YEAR/$MONTH/$DAY/$FACILITY$YEAR$MONTH$DAY" \
owner(root) group(root) perm(0650) dir_perm(0750) create_dirs(yes));

create_dirs(yes));
};

filter f_filter1   { level(err) or
                     (level(notice) and facility (auth, kern)); };
filter f_filter2   { level(err) or
                     (facility(kern) and level(notice)) or
                     (facility(daemon) and level(notice)) or
                     (facility(mail) and level(crit)); };
filter f_filter3   { level(alert) or
                     (facility(kern) and level(err)) or
                     (facility(daemon) and level(err)); };
filter f_filter4   { level(alert); };
filter f_filter5   { level(emerg); };
filter f_filter6   { facility(kern) and level(notice); };
filter f_filter7   { facility(mail) and level(debug); };
filter f_filter8   { facility(user) and level(err); };
filter f_filter9   { facility(user) and level(alert); };

log { source(s_sys); filter(f_filter1); destination(d_cons); };
log { source(s_sys); filter(f_filter2); destination(d_mesg); };
log { source(s_sys); filter(f_filter3); destination(d_mlop); };
log { source(s_sys); filter(f_filter4); destination(d_mlrt); };
log { source(s_sys); filter(f_filter5); destination(d_mlal); };
log { source(s_sys); filter(f_filter6); destination(d_auth); };
log { source(s_sys); filter(f_filter7); destination(d_mail); };
log { source(s_sys); filter(f_filter8); destination(d_cons);
                                        destination(d_mesg); };

log { source(s_ext); destination(d_ext); };
# isainfo -kv
64-bit amd64 kernel modules
# cat /etc/release
                       Solaris 10 10/08 s10x_u6wos_07b X86
           Copyright 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
                        Use is subject to license terms.
                            Assembled 27 October 2008
# pkginfo -l SMCsyslng
   PKGINST:  SMCsyslng