[syslog-ng] Latest and greatest PatternDBs

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Thu Sep 2 17:27:57 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 13:16 -0700, Matthew Hall wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Thanks to the great help you guys provided earlier I have gotten the
> hang of patterndb. I am still working on whether I can open-source mine
> or not, I hope my employer will allow it.
>
> I am wondering if this file is the latest and greatest? It's sort of old.
>
> http://www.balabit.com/downloads/files/patterndb-snapshot/patterndb-20091209.zip

Sorry for not answering until now, but I was on a holiday. Until now
there were at least three attempts on our side to create a working
patterndb set, but unfortunately each project started anew, since
somewhat different goals were set.

I'm planning to merge these into the new (and official) patterndb
project, its goals are described here:

http://git.balabit.hu/?p=bazsi/syslog-ng-patterndb.git;a=blob;f=README.txt;hb=HEAD

So if you'd like to contribute please do that according to the latest
policy and against the syslog-ng-patterndb.git tree.

Thanks and I'm eagerly waiting for your patterns.