[syslog-ng] patterndb and syslog from cisco

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Sun Nov 14 13:55:35 CET 2010

On Wed, 2010-11-03 at 20:28 +0100, Fekete Róbert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> AFAIK, syslog-ng Premium Edition 3.2 can recognize and properly handle this message format. I am not sure if this was already ported to OSE 3.2, I'll try to get some info on it if Bazsi does not reply sooner.

not yet, I've went as far as checking out the differences I'd need to
port, but looking at the 250+ patches, I got frightened and at the end I
didn't yet do anything.

But anyway, syslog-ng PE 4.1 will be based on syslog-ng OSE 3.3 core, so
synchronization problems like this would a problem of the past
hopefully. (we're expecting 4.1 around next may).