[syslog-ng] Quick Questions

Dyne Lai dynelai at gmail.com
Tue May 25 10:20:58 CEST 2010

Hi Syslog-ng Developers,

I have a few general questions regarding syslog-ng as below.
1) What is the type of transmission (Asynchronous/Synchronous) used
for the transfer of log messages between server and remote client?

2) I understand that Syslog-ng is able to store unsent messages from
remote client to server in the local hardisk during network/system
outrage. Will syslog-ng be able to resume with the unsent messages
upon the revive of the network/system? If possible, how can we
configure/setup to achieve that?

3) In view of security, how can we configure remote client and server
to perform authentication (using X.509 certificates) during log
message forwarding?

4) Is the forwarding of log message between remote client and server
consider real-time? (assume syn=0)

Do pardon if the questions appears ignorant.Thanks for the time!

Best Regards,
Dyne Lai