[syslog-ng] proper filtering messages with java Exceptions

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Thu Jun 24 09:27:53 CEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 18:01 +0200, Balazs Scheidler wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 14:03 +0200, Zoltán Pallagi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > You cannot do that now, because syslog-ng processes every line as a new
> > message.
> >
> > In PE 3.2 (coming soon) you can give regular expression to specify
> > multiple lines as a message, so it will solve these problems (like java
> > logs, tomcat logs and so on).
> > As far as I know this feature will also be available in OSE 3.2 (but I
> > am not sure in this)
>
> It'll be available in OSE as well, I'm not completely sure however if
> it's going to 3.2 or 3.3 as of yet.

Ahh, rereading this mail, this can be somewhat misleading. The reason I
don't know if it is going to 3.2 or 3.3 is that I already have plenties
of stuff waiting to be released, and I'm not completely sure that I want
to add yet another thing. So it is not a commercial/OSE reason, simply a
matter of scheduling and decide how much risk it is to integrate it.