[syslog-ng] Messages dropped...

Pontius, Brian D CIV NAVSISA brian.pontius at navy.mil
Mon Jan 25 18:54:36 CET 2010

Increasing the udp_max_buf and udp_recv_hiwt to their max alone did not stop the increase of the udpInOverflows.

Only after I added the so_rcvbuf entries to some of my sources, did the increase of udpInOverflows stop increasing.

Unfortunately, it still seems like I am losing messages because my firewall logs ARE STILL 1/3 of the second firewall syslog server.

Syslog-ng still says that it is not dropping messages.

Therefore I am stumped.