[syslog-ng] question about pattern database version 1

Guillaume Rousse Guillaume.Rousse at inria.fr
Wed Jan 20 13:22:06 CET 2010

Hello list.

The pattern database format 1 seems to force a mandatory program
pattern, wich doesn't exists for some messages, suchas  kernel oops and
memory exhaustion issues:
Jan 19 15:18:24 localhost Call Trace:
Jan 19 15:18:24 localhost ntpd invoked oom-killer: gfp_mask=0x1201d2,
order=0, oomkilladj=0

It seems to be corrected in version 2:
rulesets can be defined without program pattern where these act as a
fail-back rule sets if no program pattern is matching or when message
does not have program part

I guess that means I'm can't do anything to catch those problems as long
as syslog-ng 3.1 OSE is released, right ?

--
BOFH excuse #330:

quantum decoherence