[syslog-ng] syslog-ng OSE 2.1.4 released

Jean-Baptiste Quenot jbq at caraldi.com
Tue Jun 16 17:53:25 CEST 2009

2009/6/16 Vincent Panel <vincent.panel at telindus.be>:
> On Tue, 2009-06-16 at 11:21 +0200, Jean-Baptiste Quenot wrote:
>> BTW:  Why are there so many versions of syslog-ng?  2.0.x, 2.1.x,
>> 3.0.x... Debian and Ubuntu are still at 2.0.9.
>
> Read
> http://bazsi.blogs.balabit.com/2009/05/syslog-ng-40-roadmap-plus-release.html

Thanks for the hint.

I think this commit might be what I'm looking for:

http://git.balabit.hu/?p=bazsi/syslog-ng-2.1.git;a=commit;h=13c3a01fea103040c9066037b3deac76925b7777

[afsocket] in case of a broken destination connection, set the write fd to NULL

The problem with leaving the destination fd set in this case is that it's
 going to be polled, which in turn will trigger POLLERR again, which in turn
 generates a bunch of messages thus creating a huge memory usage.

Reported-By: Otto Berger

Cheers,
--
Jean-Baptiste Quenot