[syslog-ng] Compile 3.0.1 on RHEL 5 with sql support

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Mon Feb 9 13:53:16 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 10:45 +0100, steven wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I have exactly the same issue now, but on different platform (etch amd64).
>
> Balazs Scheidler a écrit :
> > On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 15:10 +0100, Henk van Lingen wrote:
> >
> > I contributed a patch to libdbi to have a pkg-config file and syslog-ng
> > relies on the presence of dbi.pc in one of the PKG_CONFIG_PATH
> > referenced directories.
> >

> deb-amd64:~# dpkg -l | grep libdbi
> ii  libdbi-doc                 0.8.2-3                              DB
> Independent Abstraction Layer for C  -- d
> ii  libdbi0                    0.8.2-3
> Database Independent Abstraction Layer for C
> ii  libdbi0-dev                0.8.2-3                              DB
> Independent Abstraction Layer for C  -- d
>
> With this version, no dbi.pc, I just compiled 0.8.3, no more luck. I
> don't get it, where are we supposed to find this file ?

Well, well. You are right, even the libdbi package in Ubuntu intrepid
does not contain this file. My patch was integrated into libdbi CVS
at Wed Oct 22 22:36:18 2008 UTC. But as it seems no release has
been made ever since.

The LIBDBI_CFLAGS and LIBDBI_LIBS options should work though. Try:

LIBDBI_CFLAGS=-I/usr/include LIBDBI_LIBS="-L/usr/lib -ldbi" ./configure

This should work.

Also I've added the following patch to recognize libdbi even if the .pc
file is not installed.

You can grab it from the git repository, or wait till tomorrow for the nightly snapshot.

commit 6ca874d7ea362e4f0286245542f7ea601743c72d
Author: Balazs Scheidler <bazsi at balabit.hu>
Date:   Mon Feb 9 11:44:09 2009 +0100

    [configure] added kludge to recognize libdbi without an installed dbi.pc file

    libdbi does not always install a pkg-config file, work without one, assuming
    it was installed to the default location.