[syslog-ng] Getting warnings while building syslog-ng-2.1.3 on HP-UX ITA64

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Thu Feb 5 11:14:28 CET 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 17:22 +0530, Chanchal Verma wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build syslog-ng-2.1.3 on HP-UX Itenium (64-bit) box. I
> am doing '--enable-dynamic-linking' and it is giving following warning
> messages while 'make'.

Well, it is most certainly a flex/lex related issue. syslog-ng ships
with a generated cfg-lex.c file, which I generate using flex 2.5.35 on
my development machine. Sometimes it causes problems to have this
generated .c file compile with the locally installed flex library.

Please try to regenerate the .c file with your local tools: just touch
the cfg-lex.l file and it'll get regenerated by the Makefile.

With that, it should properly link fine.