[syslog-ng] udp packet receive errors

Paras Fadte plfgoa at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 14:02:55 CET 2009

Hi,

When logging to a remote syslog server , I see a lot of udp "packet receive
errors" on the remote syslog server . The source machines don't show any
such packet loss.  I tried increasing  net.core.wmem_max to 16MB and changed
the log_fifo_size value to 2000 from default 100 on remote syslog server but
still I continue to see udp packet receive errors . What could be the issue
here ? The incoming request rate is  inorder of  50k/sec during peak time.
What can be done to minimize these errors?

Syslog-ng version is syslog-ng 1.6.8

Thank you.

-Paras