[syslog-ng] setting facility/level of source log messages ?

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Wed Apr 29 17:47:54 CEST 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 22:45 +0100, Balazs Scheidler wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > Thanks ! I think it's better to have a separate keyword for this case.
>
> Right, I'll change that.

This message is to let you know that I performed this change. This patch
changes syslog-ng to use separate keywords for supplying default
facility/level information for sources:

commit 62dd98b5a803275954a09fc04feb6cea9ac7f5d1
Author: Balazs Scheidler <bazsi at balabit.hu>
Date:   Wed Apr 29 17:45:59 2009 +0200

    [config parser] don't use facility/level keywords for specifying the default values for file sources

    There was an experimental feature to add support for controlling the
    default facility/priority values for sources in case the incoming
    message lacked this value.

    This used the same 'facility' and 'level' keywords but this was misleading
    as it does not override the value received if it was present.

    This patch changes it to use distinct keywords.