[syslog-ng] syslog-ng and "program" function (was: RE:Troublewith logging to mysql)

Stallmann, Andreas AStallmann at CONET.DE
Thu Sep 18 14:29:53 CEST 2008

Hi!

Unfortunately...
> > The only other thing I can
> > suggest is to send it to a script of your own instead of
> > mysql and in your script you can see *exactly* what mysql
> > would receive on its stdin.
...this didn't work either.

I know it's strange, but it seems that syslog-ng doesn't understand
the "program" and "pipe"-directives any more. Well... that's not
completely true. It understands them, as fas as it does not complain
when I'm using them, but both produce no output AT ALL!

The only other major change to the server was, that the admin
de-activated
IPV6 on the machine. But this shouldn't be a problem, should it?

Any further suggestions welcome.

TNX in advance

Andreas
--
CONET Solutions GmbH
Andreas Stallmann, Senior Berater
Internet: http://www.conet.de, mailto: astallmann at conet.de

CONET Solutions GmbH, Theodor-Heuss-Allee 19, 53773 Hennef
Registergericht/Registration Court: Amtsgericht Siegburg (HRB Nr. 9136)
Geschaftsfuhrer/Managing Directors: Dipl.-Inform. Rudiger Zeyen (Sprecher/Chairman),
Dipl.-Betriebsw. Wilfried Putz und Dipl.-Inform. Jurgen Zender
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dipl.-Math. Hans-Jurgen Niemeier