[syslog-ng] Help understanding syslog-ng open-source code

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Tue Nov 27 17:24:40 CET 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-27 at 15:42 +0100, emanuel wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> im trying to implement a few features for the open-source version of
> syslog-ng.
> I am going to build my own device driver to better fit my needs.
>
> My problem with this task is, that the source code lacks proper
> commenting and you can easily get lost.
> Now I wanted to know if theres some special forum or source code
> documentation and
> if not, is there someone who is able and willing to answer some
> questions about the syslog-ng code?
> This would give my work a huge boost.
>
> Thanks for your responses in advance,

Although the source code is not very much commented, it is carefully
structured, and a great care is taken in identifier naming. Once you get
used to the rules, the code is quite readable. (of course, as I have
written it).

Can you tell us a bit about your aims?

Questions are usually asked here, I also try to answer code related
questions, it all depends on the volume :) and my availability.