[syslog-ng] organizig multiple events from one server

Gustavo Soares gustavosoares at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 23:10:40 CEST 2007

Hi!!

I hope anyone can help me...

I would like know how can I organize multiple events coming
from differents application servers instances installed on just one physical
server.
Each instance is binding a different ip address.

I´ve set up syslog to create a dir with the host name, but the events arrive
with the same ip and not the ip address, which the app is binding and
because of that sometimes I can´t distinguish which message belongs to
a specific instance. Maybe I could use differents facilitys to try to
organize things
better, but then people would have to know which facility corresponds to
which application.

The events are sent using log4j (syslog appender).

I hope, I´ve made myself clear...

Cheers,
Gustavo