[syslog-ng] concatenated sendmail messages

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Tue Jan 30 23:50:13 CET 2007

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 18:31:52 +0100, Balazs Scheidler said:
> This seems to be a sendmail bug then. I don't know why they don't use
> the syslog() call in libc.

Actually, the sm_syslog() function in sendmail/conf.c *does* call the
libc syslog(), and has for quite some time.  sm_syslog() exists primarily
as a wrapper for working around busticated vendor syslogs.

I didn't see any mention of what libc Fran's sendmail is linked against, and
thus I can't rule out the possibility that the syslog() call in libc isn't
itself buggy.