[syslog-ng] Noob Question

Chuck chuck.carson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 22:49:52 CET 2007

I used this product a long time ago and it looks like its come a long
way. I had one question - I want to deploy syslog-ng on my syslog box
and then have all my other servers send standarad syslog message to it
remotely (my enviornment in a mix of rhel 4, rhel 5, solaris 10, and
sles 9) Can syslog-ng  parse the standard syslog messages and route
them to individual files per server w/o adding syslog-ng itself to the
client systems? (otherwise leavfe syslogd intact on all my servers
except the syslog box itself)

Thanks,
Chuck