[syslog-ng] how to start the syslog-ng demeaon

Nate Campi nate at campin.net
Wed May 3 00:53:23 CEST 2006

On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 08:20:14AM -0700, wayne yu wrote:

> I configured my syslog-ng on the solaris 9 computer.'
> when I did /etc/init.d/syslog start, and then ps -ef
> |grep syslog-ng, nothing is  list.
> How can i find out how the syslog-ng works.

/etc/init.d/syslog will start syslogd, not syslog-ng. You'll need to
modify the init script to start syslog-ng - or better would be to leave
the syslog script alone, create /etc/init.d/syslog-ng and symlink it
into /etc/rc2.d/ (or wherever).
--
Nate

 It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool,
             than to open it and remove all doubt.