[syslog-ng] Trouble with timezone()

anthony lineham anthony.lineham at alliedtelesis.co.nz
Thu Dec 7 03:09:42 CET 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to convert the time information in messages so they match
the timezone offset of a remote device. Initially I was using
time_zone(). This seemed to work ok until I tried and offset of greater
than 12hours, which failed. It occurred to me that this utility is
intended convert messages initially with GMT time to a GMT +/- offset
time hence only +/-12 is required.

What I want to be able to do is make a coversion relative to local
time, so I need to be able to handle an offset of up 23 hours. I'm
trying to use timezone(), which is supposed to take an offset value in
seconds. However I can't work out the syntax.
For a 2 hour offset I've tried:
timezone(7200)
timezone("7200")
timezone("+7200")
timezone(+7200)

For each of these I get config parsing errors.

Can anyone help me out please?

Anthony