[syslog-ng] Syslog-ng on Mac OS X Tiger?

Alan Orth aorth at exchange.csuchico.edu
Mon Apr 17 09:35:20 CEST 2006

List,

I have syslog-ng 1.6.x running successfully on several Panther servers, but
I cannot for the life of me get 1.6.x or 1.9.x to log ANYTHING on my newly
upgraded Tiger server, leaving me stuck with the stock syslogd.

I¹ve tried messing with the config and installing on a 10.4.x client machine
with no luck as well.  I¹ve even ktraced syslog-ng as it is launched but
I¹ve seen nothing convicting.

Have there been changes to the logging mechanisms in 10.4?  What¹s the trick
to getting this running on 10.4.x?

Thanks,

--
Alan Orth
User Services - Field Services Technician