[syslog-ng] Bugreport: Ver 1.9.5 problems with facility/level filtering

Roberto Nibali ratz at drugphish.ch
Mon Oct 3 22:13:32 CEST 2005

>>> misc.c: In function `get_local_timezone_ofs':
>>> misc.c:83: error: structure has no member named `tm_gmtoff'
>> Hmm, this is a BSD extension, and IIRC you are using a BSD system,
>> aren't you?
>
> Actually, this is a Solaris 8 system (with gcc 3.4.2).  The (original)
> July 1.9.5 compiles just fine.  I'm just uncertain what has changed since
> then, that is causing this issue.

I didn't check but most probably he added the localtime(&when) call in
get_local_timezone_ofs() to extract the seconds you are away from UTC,
including DST handling. Unfortunately I do not understand enough of
timezone handling to be much of a help here. Time is too a difficult
subject for me to understand, so I'm glad it works most of the time :).

> The time.h file on this system appears
> to have come as part of the SUNWhea package, and does not include the
> information shown above.

Hmm, the "correct" file I see has shown up in Solaris 10 ;) with the libbc:

http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/xref/usr/src/lib/libbc/inc/include/time.h

Tomorrow I'll have access again to a Solaris 8 machine where I could try
compiling the source. Bazsi seems to be very busy these days, so we just
have to wait for a bit ...

Regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo
'[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc