[syslog-ng] sun streams in 1.9.6

Nate Campi nate at campin.net
Tue Nov 15 07:22:00 CET 2005

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 08:41:31PM +0000, John.Dickinson at nominet.org.uk wrote:

> Can anyone tell me the current state of sun streams support in 1.9.6?
> There is an old mention of it being missing in the NEWS file and I can not
> get it to work - but that might just be me :)
>
> I configured like this
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/syslog-ng2 --with-glib=/opt/glib
> --with-eventlog=/opt/eventlog --enable-sun-streams --enable-sun-door
> --enable-dynamic-linking
>
> When I try to run it I get
> STREAMS support not compiled in;
> Segmentation Fault

John,

Check config.log and see if it had trouble finding the header files it
needs, It's strlog.h and stropts.h, and for door support you need
door.h.

The install of Solaris on my new Sun Blade workstation was lacking all
this crap last time I needed to compile the 1.9.x branch, what a pain.
--
Nate

"Want to make your computer go really fast? Throw it out the window!" -
Anonymous