[syslog-ng] ipv6 support

Roberto Nibali ratz at drugphish.ch
Thu Jul 28 01:33:19 CEST 2005

> What's the status of ipv6 support for syslog-ng, as far as I could tell
> from the doco, support does not currently exist & is not planned in the
> near future?

Well, the code begs to differ :). Take a recent 1.9.5 and invoke
configure like so:

CFLAGS="-DENABLE_IPV6" ./configure

This will compile in ipv6 support if your system has the inet_pton
library call.

However, I have no clue if it works or not. On my system the resulting
binary did not start with the configuration file provided in
doc/examples/syslog-ng.conf.sample. YMMV.

Good luck,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo
'[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc