[syslog-ng] ng to ng then to syslog

Roberto Nibali ratz at drugphish.ch
Mon Aug 1 23:37:38 CEST 2005

> Hello all. First thanks for all the help on first issue, it was some
> stupid filter.

It's almost always a packet filter when you get ECONNREFUSED ;).

> I'm configured to send syslog messages from server1 to server2 both with
> syslog-ng. Now what I need is to pass messages from server1 to server2
> via syslog-ng(already done that) and as soon as the event gets in
> syslog-ng of server2 to send it to syslog daemon in server2. I have also
> done that but the problem is that the events appear as they are coming
> locally and not from server1. Is there a way to change that?

Disable syslog-ng on server2 and have syslog get the incoming messages
;). Seriously, why on earth do you want to do that anyway? I have a hard
time finding a use case where such a setup is (technically,
security-wise, application design-wise, whatever wise) superior to just
having syslog-ng doing all the sending and storing.

Regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo
'[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc