[syslog-ng]syslog-ng in a Solaris environment

Sander de Boer syslog-ng@lists.balabit.hu
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 19:45:44 +0100

Hi,

I've been running syslog-ng on a Solaris 8 box as a central log server wi=
th a=20
MySQL database. I've had no trouble with it. Solaris however has a few qu=
irks=20
with kernel messages being formatted differently so syslog-ng at times ha=
s=20
trouble interpreting them correctly (hostnames and programnames may conta=
in=20
first words of the message).

Sander de Boer.