[syslog-ng]template() and template_escape() extension for all destination drivers

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 14:38:29 +0200

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 11:29:11AM +0200, Achim Gsell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We need the "template()" and "template_escape()" options in all destination
> drivers, not only in the "file" driver. The attached patch adds these options
> to all other destination drivers in syslog-ng 1.5.20. We test the patch on
> Linux 2.2.20 and Solaris 8.
>
> Is there a reason to have these options available only in the "file"
> destination driver?

no, in fact this is one part where I needed reorganizatoin in syslog-ng 2,
because every destination has common options, which need to be implemented
for all destinations.

Thanks for your contribution, I've put your patch in my pending queue for
review.