[syslog-ng]starting syslog-ng

Nate Campi nate@campin.net
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 12:05:58 -0700

--RASg3xLB4tUQ4RcS

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 03:05:51PM +0200, bert wrote:
>=20
> I want to start syslog-ng before the network is running but my
> configuration script contains (among other destinations) a network
> reference.  Hence syslog-ng is exiting due to an error in the
> initialisation. Is there a way to deal with this, so syslog-ng is
> starting and resolve the connection at the time the network starts up.

By "network reference" do you mean a reference to a hostname that
requires you host to query the DNS?

If so put that hostname in /etc/hosts and make sure your resolver
libraries use files before DNS (usually in /etc/resolv.conf).
--=20
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you=20
nothing. It was here first." - Samuel Clemens

--RASg3xLB4tUQ4RcS

--RASg3xLB4tUQ4RcS--