[syslog-ng]Difficulty with source(net) on Solaris 8 [syslog-ng-1.5.9]

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Tue, 18 Sep 2001 16:38:34 +0200

> I could be crazy, or need to look at documentation, but I think udp()
> needs a port number.
>
> source s_net_udp { udp(port(514)); };
>
> might work better for you.  This is the only real difference I see
> between my config and yours (asside from cosmetic).  A deeper analysis
> would require thought, and looking at the truss output, and it is too
> late for either things.

port is not required and defaults to 514. to be honest I see no reason that
would cause this, and never saw a bug like this, so it must be something
completely unrelated to syslog-ng. (or I'm blind)