[syslog-ng]Need help.

Brad Arlt arlt@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 11:04:15 -0700

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 11:38:18AM -0600, Simeon Johnston wrote:
> I am sorry if this is in the doc's somewhere but I couldn't find it.  I
> also could not find the archives for this list.
> How do I specify more than one priority?  Actually a range of
> priorities.  With syslog it is supposed to log that priority and above
> but I thought I read that it was different with syslog-ng.  I seem to
> recal that you had to specify a range.
> I just can't remember where I read it. : )

To filter on priority<sp?> do this:

filter filtername {
	priority(emerg,alert,crit,err);
};

filter filtername {
	priority(emerg..err);
};

Both filters catch only emerg through err log levels.  Other
possibilities exist obviously.
   __o		Bradley Arlt	  Email: arlt@cpsc.ucalgary.ca         o__
 _ \<_				    WWW: www.acs.ucalgary.ca/~bdarlt   _>/ _
(_)/(_)  -Eat well, sleep peacefully, drink lots, and ride like hell. (_)\(_)