[syslog-ng]syslog entries without hostnames

David Douthitt ssrat@mailbag.com
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 14:56:33 -0500

It seems like there are a LOT of these.  Isn't it possible to make
some options to handle them?  I was thinking of options, but... what
about this?

Check the hostname of the message against the hostname using DNS and
see if they match.  If not, shift the message over and put the
hostname in - and perhaps label it to show that it was inserted....

So a message from 192.168.3.3 (hostname folly) that contained no