[syslog-ng]sync question, feature request

Thierry Besancon Thierry.Besancon@prism.uvsq.fr
12 Jan 2001 13:23:00 +0100

Dixit Gregor Binder <gbinder@sysfive.com> (le Thu, 11 Jan 2001 17:05:03 +0100) :

» > Nevertheless, I'm not sure that is really what you (and I) want. In my
» > example, it creates files with the *dates of the syslog messages* what
» > is different from the date of the day they are received. In my case,
» > it seems I have syslog clients with unsynchronized clocks and I
» > already have messages-20010704 for example (4th july 2001 !).
»
» I have requested the feature to change this behaviour some time ago, and
» Balasz made it come true shortly after, it's an option. use_time_recvd()
» boolean.

It is not yet documented...
But the source of course mention it.

        Thierry