[syslog-ng]Multiple configuration files.

Scott A. McIntyre scott@xs4all.nl
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 09:13:37 +0100

Hi,

I'm looking in to using syslog-ng as a syslog-sink for a number of
nodes, but am concerned that the configuration file may become somewhat
cluttered and unwieldy.

Is there any way to have syslog-ng read it's configuration information
in the increasingly popular "everything in this directory is a
configuration file to be read" manner?  The examples I'm thinking of
include xinetd and logrotate...

It would be useful to have all of the host-specific filters,
destinations and sources all in one file, but only for that host in
question, rather than having to build what could eventually be a very
large single file.

Thanks.

Scott