[syslog-ng]Ok, I think I've got it now...

Brad Arlt arlt@cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 12:33:19 -0600

On Mon, Aug 06, 2001 at 01:46:56PM -0400, Nijs, Daniel wrote:
> What I am interested in is which software package you are using to allow NT
> machines to log to a syslog server.  I have considered writing the app
> myself (since I can not find a good free version), but was hoping there is
> such thing as "free lunch" ;)

I know not of a free program to turn NT EventLog events into syslog
events (sadly) but I was able to find EventReporter (thanks to someone
mentioning it on this list).  Its not free, but then you didn't have
to write anything either.  Its fairly nicely priced, and has more
features than I would have cared to code (but still use none the
less), like decode some of those lovely "Error 53 occured" popup
dialog boxes (that have the same event) into english (or I think other
languages) for me before sending it to my log server.

http://www.eventreporter.com

   __o		Bradley Arlt	  Email: arlt@cpsc.ucalgary.ca         o__
 _ \<_				    WWW: www.acs.ucalgary.ca/~bdarlt   _>/ _
(_)/(_)  -Eat well, sleep peacefully, drink lots, and ride like hell. (_)\(_)