[syslog-ng] CISCO

Dan Rich drich@employees.org
Fri, 5 May 2000 11:38:08 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 5 May 2000, Ilya Krel wrote:

> can syslog-ng accept logs from cisco routers?

Yep, I do it here (in fact, that's one of the reasons I upgraded, my Linux
syslog was getting unhappy with the large log files I was generating).

Since Cisco is being mildly brain-dead and using a sequence number for the
application name (at least as far as I can tell), I've had to filter by
hostname.

filter f_cisco { host("sj2-10c26-rtr|sj2-10c26-cat35"); };
log {   source("src");
        filter("f_cisco");
        destination("cisco"); };

--