[syslog-ng] Problems with syslog-ng use over a redireted port inside an SSH s ession

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:24:09 +0200

> I'm using syslog-ng over redirected ports inside an SSH
> channel and whenever I HUP syslog-ng, the SSH channel
> closes.
>
> This appears to be a problem with syslog-ng, as if I
> kill -KILL syslog-ng, the channel remains in place.
>
> I copy logs over the channel using a perl script.  This
> also may be suspect of course..  The channel seems to close
> when the script writes to the (possibly disrupted tcp)
> socket.  If I don't write to the socket, the channel stays up..
> I use the IO::Socket method $socket->can_write to attempt
> to find out if the socket is still writable but this does not
> show any problems but the channel dies anyway.
>
> Anyone else seeing this problem?

Maybe you should try to handle the SIGPIPE signal in your perl script?
though SIGPIPE should occur only on output, reading from a broken socket
should result in an EPIPE to be returned.

     url: http://www.balabit.hu/pgpkey.txt