[syslog-ng]Re: syslog-ng bug: newlines in messages

Mordechai T. Abzug morty@sanctuary.arbutus.md.us
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 16:24:16 -0400

On Sun, Aug 27, 2000 at 03:39:55PM +0200, Balazs Scheidler wrote:

> I've just comitted a fix, it should be available in the next version, or
> apply this patch:

> +       for (oldsrc = src, oldleft = left; oldleft; oldleft--, oldsrc++) {
> +               if (*oldsrc < 32) *oldsrc = '.';
> +       }

Thanks!  But since other syslogd implementations (IMLE) leave the
other control characters alone and just replace newlines with spaces,
wouldn't it be more correct to do exactly that, in the spirit of full
compatibility?

- Morty