[syslog-ng] Re: tracelogs

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Fri, 7 Apr 2000 10:15:25 +0200

On Mon, Mar 27, 2000 at 04:33:18PM +0200, Gero Krueger wrote:
> Hi Balazs !
>
> HP has sent me a tracing tool. So I recorded a session
> where syslog-ng listens on /dev/log and forwards that
> to a remote host via tcp.
> With the first logentry syslog-ng gets from /dev/log he
> produces that huge unterminated output.
>
> I'm not really sure if this tracing-tool records the
> information you need - just have a look at it and
> let me know.
>

> Thank you very much for your help.

Sorry for the long time it took me to answer, but I'm really out of time.
I've checked the trace you sent me, and the problem is that the info I need
is missing:

3191: read(4 [/dev/log], 0x40019888, 1024) = 1024

The contents of the buffer is not displayed. It's strange that HPUX says
that 1024 bytes could be successfully read, something should terminate that
string, the question is what it is?

     url: http://www.balabit.hu/pgpkey.txt