[syslog-ng] Re: NG Syslog

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 20:11:36 +0200

On Thu, Oct 14, 1999 at 04:05:10PM +0200, Kai U. Reichert wrote:
> Hi!
>
> As I was browsing through your web-site some things were strange ?
> Up to the time of Aug 29 you´ve released permanently a new version, but
> the latest one is more than one month old; and the CVS-server is down ?
>
> Have you droped your project or will there be improvements ?
>
> I´m just asking, because I have need for an sophisticated syslog daemon.

The project is not dropped, it's only on hold for some time while I have
other things to do. 1.1.32 seemed to be quite stable at least on Linux and
BSD. It's not named 1.2.0 yet, because Solaris is not fully supported,
because I was unable to borrow an x86 Solaris CD.

There are quite a few improvements planned in the next development cycle,
for more information check the lists archives. The topic of my master's
thesis is the cryptographic enhancements of syslog-ng, so it will definitely
be finished until the end of the next semester.