[syslog-ng] version 1.1.23 released

Balazs Scheidler bazsi@balabit.hu
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 16:48:59 +0200

--gKMricLos+KVdGMg

I have found the Solaris bug I mentioned yesterday, so I released a new
version of syslog-ng, this time 1.1.23. The "bug" was in libol, so I
released 0.1.19 of libol as well.=20

Here's the changelog of libol:

1999-06-09  Balazs Scheidler  <bazsi@balabit.hu>

        * wait at most 60 seconds in poll (so that pending closes are really
        closed in at most 60 seconds)

        * changed fatal() to werror() if the poll fails

syslog-ng has not changed since yesterday. The exact bug on solaris has been
fixed by the 2nd change above. poll failed in libol since the config file I
tested syslog-ng with was referring to /dev/tty as a destination. When
syslog-ng forked and became a session leader trying to poll /dev/tty
failed. poll() returned an ENXIO error (which by the way is undocumented)
and fatal() aborted the program.

--=20
Bazsi
PGP key: http://www.balabit.hu/pgpkey.txt, or finger bazsi@balabit.hu