[syslog-ng] Re: syslog-ng 1.2.22 runtime problems

Jubal Kessler jubal@interq.or.jp
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 10:12:53 +0900 (JST)

On Tue, 8 Jun 1999, Balazs Scheidler wrote:

[snip]

> latest syslog-ngs link to libol statically, so linking to shared libraries
> should not be a problem any more. I am wondering how the original poster
> could run a dynamically linked version. (versions after 05-28 are linked
> statically against libol)

Sorry Balazs, I forgot to tell you. I had an older version of syslog-ng in
/usr/local/bin for some reason (it wasn't deinstalled by 'make uninstall',
probably because of the different path) and that version was dynamically
linked. The later versions, as you mention, are statically linked and
execute without a problem.

--Jubal